Senior Backend Developer (Rust)
Our mission at Start9 is to eliminate the need for trusted 3rd parties in the human/computer relationship. Our flagship product, EmbassyOS, is the most advanced, secure, and reliable personal server operating system in the world, making it possible for anyone to host their own software and data. One brick at a time, we will help construct an open and decentralized computing platform for humanity's future, one where sovereign individuals control their own data and the flow of information, as well as the abundance of intelligent devices that will come to engulf the human experience.
We are seeking an experienced Rust developer to contribute to the embassyOS backend codebase. The embassyOS backend is a novel and highly performant container management system that affords users granular control over applications running on their personal server.
- Familiarity with Rust's async model and the tokio runtime
- Familiarity with Linux kernel intrinsics
- Computer science / computer engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Bonus: Familiarity with the Linux FUSE apis
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based bonuses
- A healthy equity package. You're still early!
- Work from anywhere in the world, including our Denver office
- Health and dental insurance
- Budget for new computer
- Attend conferences
- Team retreats!
How to Apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and any other information you think we should know about you.